Friday, November 4, 2011

My RSS Blogs

I've been checking in on my RSS page for a few days now and I find myself drawn to the Blog updates the most. I started out on the Blog I chose to follow, The First Grade Parade. I love the pictures posted as an update for their 50th day of school. (I am a visual learner, and pictures always catch my eye.) What's even better is that I haven't had my 50th day of school yet! I can't wait to use some of the ideas like the root beer float directions and her Unit of Study around the number 50. Thank you Mrs. Carroll!

In my search around The First Grade Parade I found a link to another awe-inspiring Blog, The First Grade Jungle. Of course I had to add this to my RSS page. I love the idea of taking a topic like popular foods for the Holidays, pumpkin pie, and attaching so many learning opportunities. There can be color mixing to make orange for the pie, the How-To writing for "How to Make a Pumpkin Pie," and tying it all together with food at the end. What first grader doesn't enjoy food?! Every teacher deserves recognition for a job well done, so I posted a comment describing my appreciation for her connection to the non-fiction unit of study - How-Tos. I encourage fellow first grade teachers to check out the First Grade Jungle...


No comments: