Saturday, November 26, 2011

Creative Commons Image

Below is an image that I have located using Creative Commons. I understand that the image may look unusual, but first grade topics are often hard to predict. In science we are learning about organisms, and I have the pleasure of introducing this delightful creature to the classroom. First graders either panic or crowd the terrarium to catch a close up look at what is known as a Bess Beetle. I plan on using images like the one below to support the students who want to take a close look, but not too close. Images are a great addition to the curriculum that enhance student experiences in a safe way. Most importantly, images don't hiss!



Photo Attribution:
Original Image: "Shiny Beetle"
By: cyanocorax
Released under: Attribution-ShareAlike

My Flickr Page:

1 comment:

SMWright said...

Handsome fellow! I can see where a big hissing bug would be a cause for concern=8-)Images are a great way to share science and social studies information with students. Some places are just to far away for a field trip (space). Is that your horse's nose by any chance?