Saturday, April 28, 2012

Group Leadership Final Project




Tools Used to Deliver
Many tools were accessed while collaborating with my group to complete a technology tutorial.  Initially my group met on the video conferencing site, Vyew to determine the technology topic:  Collaborating with Google.  We created a storyboard on Google Presentation to outline our video tutorial, and met online using the chat feature several times to clarify materials.  The tutorial storyboard outline was refined in a second Google Presentation where detailed images matching our script were added and continually revised by all group members.  The Google tools were specifically used to give the tutorial on Google Collaboration as an additional demonstration of collaborative technology.  The final project was recorded by a group member using SMART recorder due to its unlimited recording capabilities, and pieced together in iMovie.  The video was then uploaded to YouTube for convenient access and dissemination.

Developing the Project
Developing this project was no easy task, and I was exposed to new technology that I have yet to experience.  While the video conferencing was new to me, I also learned about Google Sites from my group member who was presenting the information in our tutorial.  My learning continued as I collaborated with my group members over a long period of time.  Working with a group is sometimes challenging for me since I would rather define my own final product.  However, this group experience gave me a new understanding of what makes a successful outcome.  I have learned that communication is the key!  My group was in constant communication in chat rooms, email, and the open discussion forum.  Through communication we were able to better organize materials and revise content in a way that everyone was heard.

A ReDo
My experience with this group has brought me through a course of reflection.  If presented with a similar group project I would have liked to record my own part of the presentation to later be connected to the final product.  I enjoy being an active participant and an equal contributor in any group work.  On the same note, I went through a family crisis during the course of the group project that caused me to delay communication with my group for a few days.  This was unavoidable, yet in doing this again I would not expect to perform under the same set of circumstances.

No comments: